Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ring Video Doorbell review: The gadget that makes crooks think you never leave home  (Read 383 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: August 04, 2015, 03:00:14 pm »

Ring Video Doorbell review: The gadget that makes crooks think you never leave home

<article>
   <section class="page">
<p dir="ltr">My house has never had a doorbell. This alone makes me a good candidate for the Ring Video Doorbell ($200), which uses home Wi-Fi to transmit the sound of a doorbell chime directly to smartphones, as well as to Ring’s wall-mounted Chime accessory, which is about to begin shipping for $30.</p><p dir="ltr">But there’s a deeper reason why I wanted to test Ring: It’s got intriguing home-security features that could discourage the crooks who’ve been targeting my neighborhood in a series of daytime robberies.</p><p dir="ltr">Burglars typically start these capers by ringing the doorbell to determine if anyone’s home. The Ring Video Doorbell, thanks to its built-in video camera with two-way communication, directly addresses this nefarious use case by making the bad guys think you’re always at home. There’s also a motion alert feature that let’s you see who’s come to the door, even if they never press the doorbell button.</p><p class="jumpTag"><a href="/article/2955287/connected-home/ring-video-doorbell-review-the-gadget-that-makes-crooks-think-you-never-leave-home.html#jump">To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here[/url]</p></section></article>

Source: Ring Video Doorbell review: The gadget that makes crooks think you never leave home
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: