Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Withings Activité Steel review: This stylish $170 watch is an undercover fitness tracker  (Read 414 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: November 25, 2015, 03:00:20 pm »

Withings Activité Steel review: This stylish $170 watch is an undercover fitness tracker

<article>
   <section class="page">
<p>
Some fitness bands look like chunky rubber bracelets with tiny screens that flash numbers at you. They’re purely utilitarian. On the other end of the spectrum, there are activity trackers masked as pieces of jewelry. They don’t track much beyond your daily step count, but they’re far more fashion-forward than a Fitbit. Then you have watches that are secretly fitness bands, like Withings’s line of Activité activity trackers, which look like analog timepieces but feed a lot of data to the company’s corresponding smartphone app.</p><p>
The latest Withings watch, the $170 Activité Steel, isn’t a huge departure from its predecessors, the $450 Activité and the $150 Activité Pop. It’s not nearly as luxe as the Activité, which also has a stainless steel case, but comes with a leather band and sapphire glass protecting the face. But the Steel trades the Pop’s PVD-coated case and mod color schemes (the watch comes in blue, black, beige, and coral) for a steel, a black watch face, chrome hands, and black silicone strap. Withings calls it “masculine,” if you consider black and steel to be a “masculine” combo (which I don’t). My boss, Jon Phillips, tried the Activité Steel and found it too small. At 36.3mm in diameter, it’s smaller than the smallest Apple Watch, which is why it didn’t seem oversized to me.</p><p class="jumpTag"><a href="/article/3006827/fitness-hardware/withings-activit-steel-review-this-stylish-170-watch-is-an-undercover-fitness-tracker.html#jump">To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here[/url]</p></section></article>

Source: Withings Activité Steel review: This stylish $170 watch is an undercover fitness tracker
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: