Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Quicken 2016 for Mac review: A solid investment for tracking your finances  (Read 338 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: January 14, 2016, 09:00:15 pm »

Quicken 2016 for Mac review: A solid investment for tracking your finances

<article>
   <section class="page">
<p>
If you’ve been a Quicken user for any length time you’re well aware that the look and feel of the app has gone through some considerable changes over the last several years. Not to mention a brief name change from Quicken to Quicken Essentials and back to Quicken again. Quicken 2016 for Mac, the application resulting from this mini-morphing over the years, is a solid tool for managing your personal finances that remains as easy to use as was its predecessors, but it’s no longer the only personal financial player in the game.</p><h2>Quick on the setup</h2>
<p>
The setup of Quicken 2016 is a little uncomfortable from the jump, as it requires that you use a Quicken ID in order to set the app up. While I understand the purpose of using a Quicken ID—it’s used to sync Quicken data on your Mac with iOS devices—I don’t like that this is a requirement for using Quicken. Being able to save data in a local file seems, to me, to be something I should be able to do without linking to Intuit’s back-end, particularly if I have no plans to sync Quicken with any of my mobile devices. Also, once you log in you’re also required to complete a survey before you can begin using the app. Another unnecessary required step.</p><p class="jumpTag"><a href="/article/3021332/software/quicken-2016-for-mac-review-a-solid-investment-for-tracking-your-finances.html#jump">To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here[/url]</p></section></article>

Source: Quicken 2016 for Mac review: A solid investment for tracking your finances
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: