Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How to manage media when migrating to a Mac with a smaller drive  (Read 368 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: February 08, 2016, 09:00:13 pm »

How to manage media when migrating to a Mac with a smaller drive

<article>
   <section class="page">
<p>A reader with the nom de Internet of Bass Hound writes in with a set of interlocking problems:</p><ul>
<li>
<p>Their new computer has a 128GB drive while the old one was 512GB. They have a Time Capsule backup and wonder if they can make choices while restoring the backup.</p></li>
<li>
<p>While they’ve opted into iCloud Photo Library, they “have not, however, joined Apple Music because I don’t want to pay the ongoing fee.”</p></li>
<li>
<p>Finally, they’d like to “add all my media—music, movies and possibly pics—to an external drive.”</p></li>
</ul>
<p>This is not an uncommon collection of questions, so I’ll do my best to knock them all out.</p><p>First, you can use Migration Assistant instead of OS X Recovery to restore just Applications, certain user (Home) directories, and other files. That may be a good place to start with a fresh computer.</p><p class="jumpTag"><a href="/article/3027201/macs/how-to-manage-media-when-migrating-to-a-mac-with-a-smaller-drive.html#jump">To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here[/url]</p></section></article>

Source: How to manage media when migrating to a Mac with a smaller drive
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: