Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: OWC USB-C Dock review: Opens up a MacBook’s possibilities  (Read 368 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: March 19, 2016, 04:05:12 pm »

OWC USB-C Dock review: Opens up a MacBook’s possibilities

<article>
   <section class="page">
<p>
Back around 1993, I had the exciting combination of a PowerBook 210 with a Duo MiniDock. It only had one port—not even a headphone jack—but an innovative docking connector meant I could hook it into a full-fledged desktop setup with an external monitor, hard drives, and network.</p><p>
I flashed back to this experience when I unpacked and started to test the new USB-C Dock from OWC, designed to work with the 12-inch Apple MacBook introduced almost a year ago. It’s true, compared tot he PowerBook 210, networking speeds are more than 4,000 times faster (gigabit ethernet versus AppleTalk), the MacBook has 2,000 times more RAM, and the hard drive I picked (512GB SSD) has over 6,000 times the capacity. But it’s remarkable how much the purpose and even the rough size has remained the same.</p><p class="jumpTag"><a href="/article/3041375/hardware/owc-usb-c-dock-review-opens-up-a-macbooks-possibilities.html#jump">To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here[/url]</p></section></article>

Source: OWC USB-C Dock review: Opens up a MacBook’s possibilities
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: