Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Google is making the same mistake now that Microsoft did in the 90s  (Read 381 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: May 30, 2016, 04:05:13 pm »

Google is making the same mistake now that Microsoft did in the 90s

<article>
   <section class="page">
<p>In so many ways, Google is the modern equivalent of Microsoft. It makes a operating system used by the majority of the market, running on an array of hardware from many vendors. It’s powerful, ubiquitous–and the target of dislike and rage from many people who love Apple products.</p><p>Now, I was never someone who bought into Microsoft hate. I never liked Windows, but I wrote hundreds of thousands of words on Microsoft Word for Mac. The first magazine cover story I ever wrote, for MacUser, was a web browser shootout between the incumbent, Netscape, and a scrappy upstart called Internet Explorer. I wrote that IE was the better browser, which was quite a controversial statement in the days when “Windows 95 = Macintosh ’89” buttons were in wide circulation.</p><p class="jumpTag"><a href="/article/3075537/ios/google-is-making-the-same-mistake-now-that-microsoft-did-in-the-90s.html#jump">To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here[/url]</p></section></article>

Source: Google is making the same mistake now that Microsoft did in the 90s
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: