Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Facebook begins removing chat from its mobile site, nudges users toward its Messenger app  (Read 371 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: June 08, 2016, 04:05:11 pm »

Facebook begins removing chat from its mobile site, nudges users toward its Messenger app

<article>
   <section class="page">
<p>
If it wasn’t clear already, Facebook would really like it if you used its Messenger app.</p><p>
TechCrunch reported Friday that the company is currently working to remove the Messenger function on the mobile version of its website, pushing users instead to use the separate Facebook Messenger app.</p><p>
According to the report, tapping the chat button in the toolbar may result in a message informing you that “your conversations are moving to Messenger,” and that “soon you’ll only be able to view your messages from Messenger.” You can dismiss this notice, TechCrunch notes—at least for now.</p><p>
It looks as though the push to Messenger will be in stages: When I checked Facebook via the mobile app, I got prompted to install Messenger, but I wasn’t warned that I would soon be required to use the Facebook Messenger app. According to Engadget, Facebook’s push toward Messenger for mobile website users appears to affect only Android users for now, but it’s probably only a matter of time before iOS users get forced to Messenger as well.</p><p class="jumpTag"><a href="/article/3079225/software-social/facebook-begins-removing-chat-from-its-mobile-site-nudges-users-toward-its-messenger-app.html#jump">To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here[/url]</p></section></article>

Source: Facebook begins removing chat from its mobile site, nudges users toward its Messenger app
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: