Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: It's the end of the app as we know it — and I feel fine  (Read 361 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: August 04, 2016, 04:05:22 pm »

It's the end of the app as we know it — and I feel fine

Michael Gartenberg has covered the personal technology beat for more than two decades at places like Gartner, Jupiter Research and Altimeter Group. Most recently, he spent a few years at Apple as Sr. Director of Worldwide Product Marketing.

*/

/*-->*/

/*-->*/

I've seen a lot of reports, editorials, tweets, and comments that this is the end of the app world. But is it?

There was the era of the PC application. There was the era of the iPhone app. The changing pace of technology means that things will be superseded at a faster rate and the new era is upon us – bots. Yep, bots. Now, I'll leave the whole bot argument for another day and the nonsensical idea that Apple has already lost the bot war. Let's talk about apps.

Not another weather app

Every so often, a developer will call to ask advice. I don't code (even though apparently that's an essential skill for everyone to know, right up there with reading and writing, but that's also a subject for another day). So, ...

Source: It's the end of the app as we know it — and I feel fine
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: