Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Meet Moov HR, the ultra-cheap heart-rate sensor you wear on your head  (Read 401 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: October 22, 2016, 04:05:14 pm »

Meet Moov HR, the ultra-cheap heart-rate sensor you wear on your head

<article>
   <section class="page">
<p>
Heart-rate sensors are becoming de rigueur in fitness bands, because having that data leads to more accurate workout tracking. But while sensors on the wrist have improved in terms of accuracy, they’re still not quite up to the gold standard of consumer-grade heart-rate monitoring devices: chest straps. For some (picture me raising my hand here), chest straps aren’t exactly fun to wear. Now fitness band maker Moov is putting a sensor on a more comfortable spot: your head.</p><p>
The new Moov HR can be tucked inside the HR Sweat headband or the HR Swim swim cap, each costing $60 or $100 for both, and measures your heart rate through your temples. I saw a demo video of the Moov HR sensor in action on a treadmill runner who was hooked up to an EKG machine, and the heart rate data was consistently spot on. (I haven’t yet tested the Moov HR for myself, so I’m taking the company at its word here.)</p><p class="jumpTag"><a href="/article/3132434/hardware/meet-moov-hr-the-ultra-cheap-heart-rate-sensor-you-wear-on-your-head.html#jump">To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here[/url]</p></section></article>

Source: Meet Moov HR, the ultra-cheap heart-rate sensor you wear on your head
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: