Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Apple's TV app has changed how I watch television  (Read 365 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: January 18, 2017, 04:05:21 pm »

Apple's TV app has changed how I watch television

The TV app is more than just a way for cable subscribers to find content. It works for cord-cutters, too!

Lory Gil has been writing about Apple for half a decade, focusing on news, how-to, and product reviews. These days she's paying special attention to the Mac and to apps of all types. Follow her on Twitter @appaholik.

*/

/*-->*/

/*-->*/

When Apple first announce the TV app for tvOS and iOS, my first thought was, "meh." Especially after learning that it isn't even compatible with Netflix, which is one of the few streaming entertainment services I subscribe to. Considering I don't subscribe to any cable services, it didn't seem like it would benefit someone like me, a "cord-cutter."

Then it launched. I had to check it out — it's my job — and I was surprised at how much it opened my options. TV.app recommends shows based on my previous TV and movie watching activities, and suggests new stuff to watch, even from channels I didn't know I could access. I now...

Source: Apple's TV app has changed how I watch television
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: