Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How to use Portrait mode and Portrait Lighting on the iPhone 8 Plus  (Read 360 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: October 01, 2017, 04:05:21 pm »

How to use Portrait mode and Portrait Lighting on the iPhone 8 Plus

What exactly is Portrait mode on the iPhone 7 Plus and 8 Plus, and how do you use it? Here's everything you need to know.

While people love the #plusclub for a variety of reasons, I chose a Plus model for one reason, and one reason only: Portrait mode. Exclusively available for the iPhone 7 Plus, 8 Plus, and upcoming iPhone X, this mode uses the 56mm-equivalent "telephoto" lens on your iPhone to shoot incredible images (in portrait or landscape orientation) with "bokeh"-style blurred backgrounds and foregrounds.

Note: Though many (myself included) have argued that this system is closer in comparison to a normal or portrait lens than a true telephoto, I understand Apple's intentions here: Because they're marketing the lens in conjunction with a 2x feature, it may seem more appropriate to call it "tele" than "normal" or "portrait" to the average user — especially considering that Apple's"Portrait" feature utilizes both lenses. For that reason, I'm referring to the lens as Apple...

Source: How to use Portrait mode and Portrait Lighting on the iPhone 8 Plus
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: