Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Talking Ben and friends get representation from William Morris  (Read 623 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: June 21, 2011, 03:00:05 pm »

Talking Ben and friends get representation from William Morris

How do you know that you're on the fast track to Hollywood stardom? Getting a good agent is the first step -- and the fuzzy, funny characters in Outfit7's app stable have found the best.

Talking Ben the Dog, Talking Tom Cat and the rest of the Talking Friends apps animated characters are now represented by William Morris Endeavor, the Tinseltown powerhouse led by Entourage inspiration Ari Emanuel (the brother of Chicago mayor Rahm Emanuel). The companies intend to bring the characters into films, TV and other entertainment properties.

The company's apps have been downloaded over 135 million times across both Android and iPhone platforms; they feature characters that repeat back what you say in supposedly adorable fashion, and they react to various pokes, strokes and smacks in a cartoony manner. The latest Talking Tom 2 app (available free for both iPad and iPhone, but in separate versions) features interaction with Talking Ben (a cantankerous former chemistry teacher, which is actually quite academically impressive for a dog) and the option of having Tom call the 'old' Talking Tom on the phone so the two cats can mimic each other in a loop.

If you're thinking "Wow, as a parent I have to be sure never to let my kids get hold of any of these apps, lest I lose my bearings and throw my iPhone out the car window in a fit of temporary madness," it's probably too late already. Did I mention they've been downloaded 135 million times?Talking Ben and friends get representation from William Morris originally appeared on TUAW - The Unofficial Apple Weblog on Tue, 21 Jun 2011 03:00:00 EST.  Please see our terms for use of feeds.Source | Permalink | Email this | Comments

http://www.tuaw.com/2011/06/21/talking-ben-and-friends-get-representation-from-william-morris/
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: