Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Get the big picture with iOS 6 panoramas  (Read 417 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: October 30, 2012, 11:05:33 am »

Get the big picture with iOS 6 panoramas

Panorama images provide a broader view of the world than typical photographs. With iOS 6, Apple brought the ability to create these big pictures to a pair of mobile devices: iPhone 4S and iPhone 5.

This is a typical panorama shot with an iPhone 4S.

Two things distinguish the Panorama option in the Camera app from most other offerings. First, just how darn well it works. Even when I try to screw up, it still produces an interesting picture. And second, how well integrated panoramas are into the Aperture, iPhoto, and iPhoto for iOS applications. This integration encourages me to use pano images in new ways.

Before I dig deeper into that, however, let’s first take a look at how panoramas work on the iPhone.

Shooting a panorama

Begin by tapping the Camera icon on the iPhone, choosing Options, and selecting Panorama. You’re presented with a screen that has an arrow pointing to the right and a line for you to follow as your record the image. In use, it actually feels like you’re recording a movie. But you’re not. The result is a still picture.
To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here

http://www.techhive.com/article/2012774/get-the-big-picture-with-ios-6-panoramas.html

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: