Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Review: Relaunched Jawbone Up is a fashionable fitness tracker  (Read 360 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: November 20, 2012, 07:00:59 pm »

Review: Relaunched Jawbone Up is a fashionable fitness tracker

It’s almost 2013. If we’re going to live healthier, we at least want little electronic gizmos to help track our progress, keep us motivated, and maybe let us engage in some (healthy) competition with our friends. And there’s an increasingly-competitive market for such smartphone-friendly fitness trackers, like the latest offerings from  FitBit and Striiv.

Jawbone, the company made famous for its Bluetooth speakers and headsets, tried to dive into this market a little more than a year ago with a wristband called the Jawbone Up, which was meant to track your steps, sleep, diet, and more. But that release quickly turned disastrous for the company, which was soon inundated with reports of Ups that stopped working. Jawbone announced a refund program, where any original Up owners could return the wristbands or keep them, and get their money back either way.

Now, the company has re-released the Up—and company executives assure me that the product is “entirely rebuilt from the ground up.” So in reviewing the Up for the past week, I had several questions on my mind: Is it any good? Is it better than the competition? And is it going to die like the old ones did?

Here’s what I found.
To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here

http://www.techhive.com/article/2015053/review-relaunched-jawbone-up-is-a-fashionable-fitness-tracker.html

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: