Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Five great holiday updates to popular iOS games  (Read 435 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: December 22, 2012, 07:05:34 pm »

Five great holiday updates to popular iOS games

Let the record reflect that I am not a fan of holiday-specific iOS apps. Oh, there are a few out there that are worthwhile—A Charlie Brown Christmas comes to mind—but by and large, holiday apps tend to rushed-out-the-door unitaskers, poorly conceived one-trick ponies, and easily forgettable novelty items. More to the point, 11 months of the year, they have little practical use. Why give them any space on my iPhone or iPad?

But regular apps that are updated with a little holiday flair? Well, that’s another matter entirely.

It’s become a delightful tradition for developers—game makers, more often than not—to add some holiday flavoring to their mobile wares. Maybe it’s as simple as adding some festive decorations to the game’s background, maybe something more complex like a holiday-themed level. Whatever the addition, it’s a great way to breathe new life into old games. So I’d suggest heading to iTunes and seeing if you’ve got any updates to download. You just might find a holiday-themed surprise among some of the games you’ve downloaded over the years.

Here are a handful of my favorite seasonal updates this year—perfect for passing the time as you travel to holiday festivities.
To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here

http://www.macworld.com/article/2023215/five-great-holiday-updates-to-popular-ios-games.html

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: