Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Predictions: What Apple will release in 2013  (Read 401 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: January 22, 2013, 03:00:58 am »

Predictions: What Apple will release in 2013

If we can predict just one thing for Apple in 2013, it's this: The company will continue to release products. But we're going to predict more than one thing (because we're crazy like that): Apple won't close down the business and give its money back to its shareholders, and it won't stop developing its major product lines. Here's how we think that development could go this year.
The iPad mini 2
The first—but we highly doubt the only—iPad mini.
History shows that Apple likes to update its flagship iOS products at least once per year. So we both fully expect Apple to unveil an updated iPad mini this year, and probably an updated full-size iPad, as well. However, we don't agree on the specifics:

Lex: I'm convinced by AnandTech that 2013 isn't the iPad mini's year to go Retina. I'm confident we'll see a Retina iPad mini one day—and that I will instantly covet one. But if you look at the history of the iPhone and the full-sized iPad, Apple waits until the third iteration of an iOS device to bring that glorious screen into play.

Dan: People have been overwhelmingly positive about the iPad mini—but, to a person, almost everybody says a Retina display is the one thing it's missing. Sure, no other device has gone Retina this early in its life cycle, but when you have such a clear improvement that could be made, I wonder if Apple can resist?
To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here

http://www.macworld.com/article/2025514/predictions-what-apple-will-release-in-2013.html

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: