Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: iOS device syncing in iTunes 11, audiobook lengths, and listening in mono  (Read 364 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: February 22, 2013, 03:01:06 pm »

iOS device syncing in iTunes 11, audiobook lengths, and listening in mono

Disoriented by iTunes 11’s new way of syncing iOS devices? Confused by the different lengths of audiobooks with the same titles? Curious about how to make a list of the books in your iTunes library? Interested in listening to your audio in mono, instead of stereo? I have the answers to all these questions in this week’s column.

Q: I have updated to iTunes 11 and it is so different I can’t find my way around it. Where is the button that gives the information about my device? I am unable to find it, or to sync my photos to my computer to my iPhone. Where did the photos sync option go?

The thing that seems to have thrown iTunes users the most with the latest update is the way you access an iPhone or other iOS device to change its sync settings. In iTunes 10 and earlier, iOS devices would show up in a sidebar at the left of the iTunes window. iTunes 11 removes this sidebar by default; however, you can bring it back by choosing View > Show Sidebar, or by pressing Command-Option-S.

That button at the top-right of the iTunes window gives you access to sync settings for your device(s)
To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here

http://www.macworld.com/article/2028755/ios-device-syncing-in-itunes-11-audiobook-lengths-and-listening-in-mono.html

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: