Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pausing the Parental Controls timer  (Read 357 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: March 11, 2013, 03:01:01 pm »

Pausing the Parental Controls timer

Macworld forum visitor lobsta43 has a question that follows up on my recent Mac 101 column regarding Parental Controls. The crustacean writes:

I use Parental Controls with my grandkids and it works well. The problem is that when they walk away from the Mac the clock keeps ticking on their time limit. Is there some way for them to stop the clock?

Yes. When you’ve configured a time limit based on the amount of time that the Mac can be used over the course of a day (from half-an-hour to eight hours) the clock can be stopped by logging out of the controlled account. So, simply instruct the grandkids to choose Log Out from the Apple menu when they want to go off and do something else. The Mac will switch to the login screen and the ticking timer stops. Time keeps on ticking…

When they next log in, the timer starts again from where it left off. (The kids can see how much time remains by clicking on the menu bar clock.) To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here

http://www.macworld.com/article/2030348/pausing-the-parental-controls-timer.html#tk.rss_all

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: