Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ask the Script Doctor: Deduping Contacts and more  (Read 423 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: April 05, 2013, 03:01:03 pm »

Ask the Script Doctor: Deduping Contacts and more

Ask the Scripting Guy is a semi-regular column in which we solve user problems using AppleScript. If you have a problem you think we might be able to help with, send me an email and I’ll consider it for publication.

In previous columns, I answered questions on scripting Mail and working with text. This time, I’m answering some questions I’ve received on a variety of topics.

Showing the Library

Q: In Lion and Mountain Lion, the Library folder is now hidden by default in my home directory.  I’d like to write a script that I can just double-click anytime I want to open that folder.

A: AppleScript can quickly access a ton of folders on your Mac, without requiring you to specify the actual path. To do this, you use the path to command and specify the folder you want, such as the Library, Preferences, Downloads, and so on. This command also lets you specify whether you want the folder in the user domain (your home folder), the local domain (the computer level), or the system domain (the system level). Here are some examples.
To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here

http://www.macworld.com/article/2033031/ask-the-script-doctor-deduping-contacts-and-more.html#tk.rss_all

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: