Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Apple Offering Some Devs a Second Chance at WWDC Tickets  (Read 370 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: April 26, 2013, 07:00:42 am »

Apple Offering Some Devs a Second Chance at WWDC Tickets

Tickets for Apple's Worldwide Developers Conference sold out this morning in less than two minutes, leaving a number of developers with error messages stating that their purchase requests were unable to be processed.     According to a tweet from Red Sweater Software founder Daniel Jalkut, Apple contacted some registered members of its developer program to offer them a second chance to purchase a WWDC ticket. Eric Doleki detailed his phone call from Apple in a blog post.I pick up and a nice guy tells me he's from Apple Developer Support and that they noticed that I tried to purchase a ticket today and that the transaction didn't go through. I told him that was true. I thought the next thing out of his mouth would be an apology or something – just to be nice.   He then proceeds to tell me that he's got good news – a ticket has been reserved for me in my name and that I'll be receiving an email from Developer Support within 12 hours with instructions on how to purchase the pass. He thanked me for supporting the platform, etc.Dolecki's story has been confirmed by several other developers on Twitter who have also received phone calls from Apple. The company appears to be offering tickets to developers who experienced a failed purchase after placing a WWDC ticket in their shopping carts.   Apple's Worldwide Developers Conference will take place June 10-14 at the Moscone West convention center in San Francisco. Tickets are priced at $1599.   Recent Mac and iOS Blog Stories • Popular Read-Later App Instapaper Sold to Betaworks • Leap Motion Controller Delayed Until July for Longer Beta Test • 'XCOM: Enemy Unknown' Elite Edition Now Available for Mac • Twitter for Mac Updated With Retina Support and More • LinkedIn Launches Standalone Contact Aggregation App • Apple's First Berlin Store to Open Friday, May 3 • German Appeals Court Stays Apple v. Google, Opens Door for Return of iCloud Push Notifications • Drafts Updated to Version 3.0, Adding Deeper Organization and New Actions    

http://www.macrumors.com/2013/04/25/apple-offering-some-devs-a-second-chance-at-wwdc-tickets/
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: