Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bugs & Fixes: Fixing AirPort Utility 6.3 problems  (Read 368 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: July 05, 2013, 03:01:10 pm »

Bugs & Fixes: Fixing AirPort Utility 6.3 problems

Recently, my AirPort network hit a major snag. While my main Base Station continued to function properly, AirPort Utility (on my Mac and iPad) indicated that my three subsidiary AirPort devices had dropped off the network (see image above). Selecting any of the devices in the bottom row resulted in a “Device not found” error. Confirming that these AirPort devices were indeed MIA, none of my wireless devices (iPhone, iPad, MacBook Pro) would connect to them. The situation with AirPort Utility on my iPhone was even more disturbing: no AirPort devices showed up at all!

Huh? Everything had been working fine for months. I had made no changes to the AirPort hardware or settings. Why this sudden and unexpected collapse?

One possibility focused on AirPort Utility itself. I had recently updated the application to version 6.3, the version needed to accommodate the new Base Stations with 802.11ac support. However, a software bug seemed more likely to precipitate only a communication failure between AirPort Utility and the AirPort devices, rather than an actual removal of the devices from the network.

This message pops up if I select one of the problem devices.

In any case, a search of the web revealed numerous confirmations of networking problems first appearing after updating to AirPort Utility 6.3. The initial posting of one thread sounded exactly like an instance of my “Device not found” error. More generally, reported problems centered on various failures of AirPort Utility to access AirPort Base Stations. To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here

http://www.macworld.com/article/2043691/bugs-and-fixes-fixing-airport-utility-6-3-problems.html#tk.rss_all

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: