Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Of cross-fades and combined tracks  (Read 326 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: July 12, 2013, 03:01:28 pm »

Of cross-fades and combined tracks

In this week’s column, I look at a few very different topics. One common question I get is about the iTunes Store and sending gifts to other countries; another concerns joining two music files to make one; and I also explain how you can cross-fade songs on an iOS device.

Louder Logic offers a cross-fade feature, and has a lot of other features that may improve the sound on your iOS device as well.

Q: I enjoy cross-fading when listening to my favorite songs. I can do this easily on my computer, but how is this possible on the iPod, iPad, or iPhone?

You’re talking about iTunes’ cross-fade feature (in which you fade out one song as you fade in another), found when you click the Playback tab in iTunes’ preferences. Unfortunately, Apple’s Music app for iOS doesn’t support cross-fading, but many third-party apps do. If you search the iTunes Store for crossfade you’ll find a number of apps, including many free ones.

One app that I have that includes this feature is the $4 Louder Logic, which works on all iOS devices and offers a number of features that may make your music sound better. If you plan to use it only on an iPhone, there’s a $2 version instead. (You might want to try the free version first.) You can set your music to cross-fade from 1 to 30 seconds.
To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here

http://www.macworld.com/article/2044017/of-cross-fades-and-combined-tracks.html#tk.rss_all

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: