Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Microsoft Releases New Anti-iPad Ad Highlighting Surface Accessories  (Read 338 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: July 19, 2013, 11:00:44 pm »

Microsoft Releases New Anti-iPad Ad Highlighting Surface Accessories

Microsoft today released another anti-iPad commercial, this time focusing on the iPad's lack of a USB port while highlighting the Surface RT's keyboard and stand. The ad once again returns to using Siri's voice to point out the iPad's shortcomings.   "Oh dear, I need a little help here," says Siri as the Surface is propped up with its included kickstand. "I'm sorry, I don't have a USB port," Siri continues, before lamenting about the Surface keyboard. "Oh snap, you have a real keyboard too?"     Microsoft's newest ad comes just a day after the company announced that it was taking a $900 million charge "related to Surface RT inventory adjustments," during its fiscal fourth quarter earnings report. As of Sunday, Microsoft discounted the price of its Surface RT by $150.   The 32GB version of the tablet now sells for $349 compared to $599 for the 32GB iPad, which is another point that Microsoft uses in its newest advertisement. "This isn't going to end well for me, is it?" Siri asks, just before the prices flash on the screen. "No, definitely not ending well. Do you still think I'm pretty?"   Following yesterday's announcement, Microsoft stock fell 12%, marking its worst single day drop since 2000.   Recent Mac and iOS Blog Stories • Apple's Developer Center Experiences Daylong Outage • Rovio Expands 'Accounts' Cross-Device Game Progress Syncing to Original 'Angry Birds' • Evernote Updates iOS App With Shortcuts, Related Notes and Skitch Support • Official 'Firefly' Game Coming to iOS in 2014 • Best Buy Discounts 13-inch MacBook Pros by $200 for Back-to-School Promotion  • New York Times Developing Gesture-Based News App for Leap Motion • Verizon Officially Announces 'Edge' Frequent Device Upgrade Program • Apple Reportedly Talking to LG About 55-65 Inch Ultra HD TV Panels    

http://www.macrumors.com/2013/07/19/microsoft-releases-new-anti-ipad-ad-highlighting-surface-accessories/
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: