Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hands-on: Intermission lets you pause and rewind live audio on your Mac  (Read 391 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: September 07, 2013, 07:01:37 am »

Hands-on: Intermission lets you pause and rewind live audio on your Mac

Rogue Amoeba on Friday released a new app that just might give Mac users pause. Intermission, launched at an introductory price of $15, gives you the ability to pause live audio on your Mac and pick it up later.

It’s essentially TiVo, but for streaming audio on your Mac. Perhaps you’re streaming Internet radio, or live audio from a presidential address, or listening to a conference call, and then the phone rings. When that happens, you use the Intermission menu (or the global shortcut you’ve set) to pause that streaming audio.

When you’re ready to resume the audio and turn back time, you can rewind with a green scrubber—as far back as three hours. Intermission offers controls for quickly jumping back just ten seconds if you need to hear something one more time, and for quickly returning to real-time, too.

I tried it out with Pandora, and Intermission worked flawlessly. I hit its Pause button, and the green slider inside the Intermission menu showed a clock to indicate how far behind “real time” I’d gotten. When I chose Resume, the music immediately picked up where it had left off, and I could scrub through to go forward and backward in time. And the Jump Back and Jump Forward controls worked precisely as expected, too.
To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here

http://www.macworld.com/article/2048247/hands-on-intermission-lets-you-pause-and-rewind-live-audio-on-your-mac.html#tk.rss_all

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: