Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: If I had to leave the Mac? I'd switch to Elementary OS  (Read 344 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: September 16, 2013, 11:01:13 am »

If I had to leave the Mac? I'd switch to Elementary OS

Perhaps it’s a holdover from the Apple Depression of the 1990s, but I sometimes wonder where I would go if I ever needed to leave the Mac.

I hear you asking, “Why would you ever need to leave the Mac, stupid? God, you’re so dumb. And stupid.” Well, those are fair criticisms. These days it’s obvious that the Mac isn’t going anywhere, so this bunker mentality is certainly an anachronism. Let’s say, then, that rather than deciding to leave the Mac, I was asked to leave the Mac. That seems more likely. One day Apple just calls me up and says “You know, we’d rather you didn’t use our products anymore. You’re dragging the brand down.” I could see that happening.

So, where to?

I used Windows professionally in my work for The Man, and I hated most of it. Fortunately, it was only for 20 years, so no big deal. Because of this experience, though, if I had to move, my first choice would be to see if I could make it after all—Mary Tyler Moore–style—in the Minneapolis of computing.
To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here

http://www.macworld.com/article/2048021/if-i-had-to-leave-the-mac-id-switch-to-elementary-os.html#tk.rss_all

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: