Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Instagram for iOS 7: You call that a redesign?  (Read 355 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: September 26, 2013, 03:01:14 am »

Instagram for iOS 7: You call that a redesign?

Look at Instagram. Now look at me. Now look at the App Store’s iOS 7 updates. Now me. Now look at Instagram again. Notice anything different? Sure you do. Look harder, maybe?

Instagram on Wednesday rolled out version 4.2 of its iPhone app, with the pleasantly succicent description, “Design updates and performance improvements for iOS 7.”

Edge-to-edge pics are nice. But my profile pic looks dumb in a circle, and the crop tools to change it are still square.

The company goes into more detail in a blog post, but all you really need to know is that this is an eye-rollingly minor update that makes the photos stretch to the very edges of your iPhone’s screen (good) while rudely shoving your square profile pic into a round hole (bad).

Calling it a redesign is a stretch, and this update doesn’t change the functionality of Instagram at all: same controls, same buttons, same filters. You still can’t pull to refresh, instead having to tap the oh-so-iOS–5 refresh button at the top-right. The fonts look a little more iOS 7-ish, and the background is appropriately white.
To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here

http://www.macworld.com/article/2049404/instagram-for-ios-7-you-call-that-a-redesign-.html#tk.rss_all

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: