Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How to downgrade your AirPort device's firmware  (Read 407 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: November 18, 2013, 07:01:17 pm »

How to downgrade your AirPort device's firmware

Reader Glen Green had some difficulty with a solution I recently offered. He writes:

In your recent article “Troubleshooting a ‘Busy’ Time Machine Backup” you discussed upgrading an AirPort Time Capsule’s firmware. I decided to follow these instructions and discovered that my Time Capsule was running firmware version 7.5.2 so promptly updated. Now the front light just keeps flashing yellow and in the Airport Utility under Status, it says “No DNS Servers.”
What do I do now?

The first thing to try is resetting your network. To do that you’d follow the steps I outlined in that article. First, power down your broadband modem as well as the Time Capsule. Then plug in the modem until all the correct lights appear. And finally plug in the Time Capsule. When it fully boots it should get the proper information from the modem.

If not you could try resetting the modem—they generally have a Reset button on the back or bottom. The modem, once restarted, will look back to your ISP to pick up the proper settings and then relay them to your Time Capsule. (Check with your ISP before doing this, however, as some have more complicated procedures for resetting their modems.)

Or—and this is really the point of this article—go back to the version you were using before. If I understand your situation correctly, the firmware you previously had on your Time Capsule worked perfectly well. It might again, and thus solve the problem.
To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here

http://www.macworld.com/article/2064061/how-to-downgrade-your-airport-devices-firmware.html#tk.rss_all

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: