Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mac Gems of the Year: 2013  (Read 348 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: January 01, 2014, 02:00:34 pm »

Mac Gems of the Year: 2013

<article>
   <section class="page">
<p>
As the end of the calendar year nears, Macworld editors have been busy picking our favorite products of 2013. A couple weeks ago, we presented our Macworld Editors’ Choice awards to the best overall Mac- and Apple-focused products. But here in the Mac Gems department, we also like to separately recognize the best inexpensive Mac apps we’ve reviewed over the past year.
</p>
<p>
As the editor who coordinates the Mac Gems section, and who spends lots of time searching for great, inexpensive Mac software, I see a lot of Mac apps each year. While our Eddy-award winners are anointed after a weeks-long process of deliberation involved the entire Macworld editorial staff, the Gems of the year are my personal picks. These aren’t necessarily the highest-rated Gems of the past year—they’re the apps we’ve covered in Mac Gems that either did something especially innovative; offered exceptional value; or simply earned a place in my (or another editor’s) daily workflows. Here are 13 apps you should take a look at to see if they’ll fit in—and improve—your routines.
</p>
<p>
(You can also check out my 2012 picks, 2011 picks, 2010 picks, and 2009 picks.)
</p>
<h2 id="eddy-winninggems">Eddy-winning Gems</h2>
<p>
Every year, one or more Gems is so good that my fellow editors and I choose these apps for our highest honor: an Editors’ Choice award. This year, an unprecedented five Mac Gems also earned Eddy awards.
</p><p class="jumpTag"><a href="/article/2082786/best-mac-gems-of-the-year.html#jump">To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here[/url]</p></section></article>

Source: Mac Gems of the Year: 2013
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: