Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fix a plug-in-related PDF printing issue in Safari  (Read 426 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: January 09, 2014, 02:00:14 pm »

Fix a plug-in-related PDF printing issue in Safari

<article>
   <section class="page">
<p>
After upgrading to Mavericks, I ran into an issue where I couldn’t print from a site that used a Silverlight-based Web app. In particular, when I tried to use ‘Open as PDF’ or ‘Save as PDF’ from the Print dialog box, instead of getting a nice PDF, I’d get bupkis. Zip. The big goose egg.
</p>
<p>
It turns out that this is due to the new sandboxing rules that Apple implemented for Safari plug-ins. The feature is intended to keep you safe from security exploits that affect plug-ins, but it can result in unintended side effects—such as, in my case, not being able to print.
</p>
<p>
After a lot of searching, I finally came across the solution, suggested by this post at Microsoft’s Developer Network. You can tell Safari to let you run certain plug-ins in “unsafe” mode; sounds scary, yes, but fortunately you can enable that mode on a plug-in by plug-in basis, and only for specific sites that you designate.
</p>
<figure class="large ">plugin unsafe mode" width="580" height="371 <figcaption>
<p>
Running a plug-in in unsafe mode can help fix problems created by sandboxing, but you should limit which sites get the privilege.
</p><p class="jumpTag"><a href="/article/2084000/fix-a-plug-in-related-pdf-printing-issue-in-safari.html#jump">To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here[/url]</p></section></article>

Source: Fix a plug-in-related PDF printing issue in Safari
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: