Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How to use Wi-Fi for an expert photo workflow  (Read 356 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: January 22, 2014, 02:00:18 pm »

How to use Wi-Fi for an expert photo workflow

<article>
   <section class="page">
<p>
Much has been written about the Wi-Fi capability of new cameras. But how do you integrate these features into a useful workflow?
</p>
<p>
In part, the answer depends on the abilities of both the camera and its companion app. I’ve tested a number of cameras for this purpose and have settled on two that I use for my work: the Canon 70D and the Olympus OM-D E-M1. (Panasonic, Sony, Samsung, and others are also doing a great job in this area.)
</p>
<p>
As a real-world example, here is the workflow that I used to cover the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas this year. With these tools, I was able to use remote-control capture, transfer pictures to mobile devices, sort images, apply filters, and publish to online sites.
</p>
<h2>Setup and tools</h2>
<p>
Using the iPhone 5s and the iPad mini with Retina display, I published photos daily from the Las Vegas Convention Center, while my MacBook Pro was locked in the hotel room safe. Before leaving for my assignment, I downloaded and tested the EOS Remote and the Olympus Image Share iOS apps on both devices.
</p><p class="jumpTag"><a href="/article/2088405/how-to-use-wi-fi-for-an-expert-photo-workflow.html#jump">To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here[/url]</p></section></article>

Source: How to use Wi-Fi for an expert photo workflow
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: