Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bugs & Fixes: DiskWarrior to the rescue  (Read 401 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: February 20, 2014, 02:00:22 pm »

Bugs & Fixes: DiskWarrior to the rescue

<article>
   <section class="page">
<p>
  Alsoft's DiskWarrior is a disk repair utility. Plain and simple. But don't dismiss it as a one-trick pony. When you have a hard drive that otherwise seems beyond repair, this is the utility you want to have. While I have been making this recommendation almost since DiskWarrior debuted back in 1998, a recent incident confirmed that it is just as true today.</p><p>
In truth, I have had little use for any disk repair utility over the past several years. I certainly hadn't used DiskWarrior. Based on my anecdotal experience, drives and system software are more reliable now than they were years ago. Whereas I could expect to need a disk repair utility at least several times a year back in the 1990's, problems with my drives almost never happen now. Further, if I do need help, I typically start with the First Aid component of Apple's Disk Utility. It has the convenience of being accessible from the Recovery HD partition built-in to recent Macs, helpful for making repairs to a primary startup disk. And First Aid is usually capable of fixing whatever is ailing my drive. If it can't, it typically means either the drive needs to be reformatted or it has a hardware problem and needs to be replaced. End of story.</p><p class="jumpTag"><a href="/article/2097432/bugs-and-fixes-diskwarrior-to-the-rescue.html#jump">To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here[/url]</p></section></article>

Source: Bugs &amp; Fixes: DiskWarrior to the rescue
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: