Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Use the Finder's tags feature from the keyboard  (Read 414 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: May 25, 2014, 02:00:21 pm »

Use the Finder's tags feature from the keyboard

<article>
   <section class="page">
<p>
The Finder’s tags feature, which debuted in Mavericks (OS X 10.9), can be quite useful. But if you prefer to use the keyboard instead of a mouse or trackpad, you may find it limiting. This video shows you how to take full advantage of tags without lifting your fingers from the keyboard.</p><h2 id="transcript">Transcript</h2>
<p>
One of the big new features in the Finder in Mavericks is tags. Much like labels in older versions of OS X, tags let you assign categories to files and folders, though in Mavericks, you can assign multiple tags to the same item. Once you tag items, you can sort files by tag, or even use tags as criteria for smart folders. For example, I’ve got a smart folder that displays all items in my Work directory with an orange or red tag – I call it my High Priority folder.</p><p class="jumpTag"><a href="/article/2158081/use-the-finders-tags-feature-from-the-keyboard.html#jump">To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here[/url]</p></section></article>

Source: Use the Finder's tags feature from the keyboard
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: