Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Automate your Mac: three smart hacks for managing files  (Read 369 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: September 01, 2014, 09:00:16 pm »

Automate your Mac: three smart hacks for managing files

<article>
   <section class="page">
<p>
Managing files and folders is one of the most obvious—and easiest—chores to automate on your Mac, thanks to specialized tools like Hazel, as well as generalists like AppleScript, Automator, and Keyboard Maestro.</p><h2>Clear the desktop</h2>
<p>
<strong>Tool: Automator</strong>

I’m one of those people who litters his desktop with files throughout the day. I’ve created an Automator workflow that moves these files to a Desktop Moved folder I’ve created within my Documents folder. To create, I opened Automator, and selected Calendar Alarm as the type of document. I then added the following actions, in order: Get Specified Finder Items (adding my Desktop folder to its list); Get Folder Contents; Move Finder Items (specifying my Desktop Moved folder as the target). I set up this alarm to go off every Sunday at 5:00 p.m., so I can start my work week the next morning with a clean desktop.—Christopher Breen</p><p class="jumpTag"><a href="/article/2599999/automate-your-mac-four-smart-hacks-for-managing-files.html#jump">To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here[/url]</p></section></article>

Source: Automate your Mac: three smart hacks for managing files
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: