Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: OS X Yosemite: New Notification Center finally gives widgets their due  (Read 322 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: October 18, 2014, 03:00:20 am »

OS X Yosemite: New Notification Center finally gives widgets their due

<article>
   <section class="page">
<p>Notification Center has been a part of OS X for two years: It was introduced in Mountain Lion and expanded upon in Mavericks. But with OS X Yosemite, Notification Center has transformed into something exponentially more useful than it was before. In fact, in Yosemite Notification Center is so different—and so much more useful than it was—that it probably deserves a new name. </p><h2>A supply of widgets</h2>
<p>But I’m getting ahead of myself. Let’s start with the most fundamental of changes: With Yosemite, Notification Center no longer slides a Mac’s entire interface off to the left in order to pop out from the right side of the screen. Now, Dock-like, it slides in on top of the right side of your screen while you’re using it. The old approach was certainly dramatic, but I think this new one is a better metaphor.</p><p class="jumpTag"><a href="/article/2364274/hands-on-with-os-x-yosemite-widgets-by-any-other-name.html#jump">To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here[/url]</p></section></article>

Source: OS X Yosemite: New Notification Center finally gives widgets their due
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: