Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Blinky review: Real geeks write on curved CRT monitors  (Read 359 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: February 20, 2014, 02:00:23 pm »

Blinky review: Real geeks write on curved CRT monitors

<article>
   <section class="page">
<p>
Way back in the 6th grade, my family couldn’t afford a computer, but my teachers started to assign school papers that, ideally, would be typed on a typewriter—or, if that wasn’t an option, neatly handwritten. Both were painful processes that led to sheet after sheet of paper weighted down with dried correction fluid.</p><p>
Then my best friend Ed got a word processor. It wasn’t a fully-capable computer—it was just a machine you could use to type documents. And since Ed was my best friend, he let me use that word processor. It had a nine-inch CRT display with green, pixelated text on a black background, and you had to view your text through the (significant) curvature of the screen. It wasn’t much compared to today’s technology, but at the time, that word processor was heaven sent.</p><p class="jumpTag"><a href="/article/2097423/blinky-review-real-geeks-write-on-curved-crt-monitors.html#jump">To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here[/url]</p></section></article>

Source: Blinky review: Real geeks write on curved CRT monitors
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: