Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Jawbone Mini Jambox review: Great sound, even smaller size  (Read 310 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: September 17, 2013, 03:01:21 am »

Jawbone Mini Jambox review: Great sound, even smaller size

Jawbone’s $180 Mini Jambox portable Bluetooth speaker is confusing at first. It’s taller than the original Jambox, but still much smaller overall, and it’s the same price as the standard version. So what’s the difference, and who should buy this slim speaker?

The simple answer to the second part of that question is that anyone considering the original Jambox should buy the Mini Jambox instead. The Mini Jambox sounds a whole lot like the original version of the speaker, with no significant trade-offs—and it’s considerably more portable, to boot.

The Mini Jambox measures a bit over 6 inches wide, about 2.3 inches tall, and just under an inch thick. That makes it about the same width as the standard Jambox and barely taller, but the Mini is a dramatic 1.2 inches thinner. On top of that, the Mini weighs only half a pound—about a third less than the original Jambox’s weight.

Jawbone is hoping you’ll think this new miniaturized version qualifies as pocket-size—the company pitches the Mini Jambox as something you’ll tote around each day with your phone and wallet. The speaker is certainly rugged enough that I’d feel comfortable tossing it into my backpack, but I think I’d cram it into a pocket only if I knew I’d be needing it. The device is still not small enough for me to make it part of my everyday pocket essentials.
To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here

http://www.macworld.com/article/2048273/jawbone-mini-jambox-review-great-sound-even-smaller-size.html#tk.rss_all

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: