Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: LG updating UltraFine 5K display to prevent Wi-Fi disruption  (Read 356 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: February 05, 2017, 04:05:23 pm »

LG updating UltraFine 5K display to prevent Wi-Fi disruption

LG is going to be adding more shielding to its 5K UltraFine display following reports that Wi-Fi routers could knock out the picture.

Ina Fried, writing for recode:

"LG apologizes for this inconvenience and is committed to delivering the best quality products possible, so all LG UltraFine 27-inch 5K displays manufactured after February 2017 will be fitted with enhanced shielding," the company said in an e-mail.

My Wi-Fi router is nowhere near my LG display so I didn't experience this problem when working on my review. After reports surfaced, I moved the display next to the router and still didn't have the problem. So, I moved everything else out of the way, stuck the router right behind the display, and poof, picture gone.

As workarounds go, putting anything that's either shielded or composed of material that works as a shield is a temporary fix, though one that shouldn't be needed.

It's a baffling design error on LG's part and something Apple also should have caught before ...

Source: LG updating UltraFine 5K display to prevent Wi-Fi disruption
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: