Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Make iPhone actions easier with Launch Center Pro  (Read 396 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: November 07, 2013, 07:01:23 pm »

Make iPhone actions easier with Launch Center Pro

Launch Center Pro is an iOS app that helps you get more out of, and do stuff more efficiently with, your iPhone or iPod touch. This week’s video shows you how you might take advantage of Launch Center Pro to be more productive.

Transcript

Hi, I’m Macworld senior editor Dan Frakes, and I’m a big fan of Contrast’s $5 Launch Center Pro (4.5 of 5 rating). This launcher-style app for iPhone and iPod touch saves me enough little bits of time here and there that it’s earned a place in my iOS dock.

But whenever I try to explain Launch Center Pro to people, I come up a little short, because it’s a difficult app to explain. So in this week’s video, I’m going to show you some of the ways Launch Center Pro helps me be more productive.

What is Launch Center Pro?

Launch Center Pro lets you create actions, which are discrete tasks based on a particular app or system service. The simplest action you can make just launches an app, but many apps allow Launch Center Pro to control them using specially formatted URLs. If you don’t know the proper URL syntax, that’s OK— Launch Center Pro’s Action Composer makes it easy to create common useful actions, such as creating a pre-addressed email message or, in my example here, starting a new custom timer in Contrast’s own Timer app.
To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here

http://www.macworld.com/article/2061297/make-iphone-actions-easier-with-launch-center-pro.html#tk.rss_all

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: