Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How to make the best use of Mail Drop  (Read 371 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: November 06, 2014, 03:00:18 am »

How to make the best use of Mail Drop

<article>
   <section class="page">
<p>
Reader Joshua Snider seeks more information about one of Yosemite’s new Mail features. He writes:</p>

I’ve heard that I can send really large attachments through Yosemite’s Mail, but does that mean that whoever receives my messages has to also be running Yosemite and using Mail as their email client?

<p>
No. The Mail Drop feature isn’t really using attachments in the way that you’re accustomed to. Rather it’s using an attachment analogy so that typical users don’t have to be confounded by talk of cloud intermediaries.</p><p>
What Mail Drop does is something akin to you uploading a large file to a cloud service, creating a link to it, and then sending that link to a recipient who can then click on the link and download your file. While this may be what’s going on in the background, Apple hides it from you. Instead, if the recipient is running Yosemite on their Mac and using Mail, your file appears to them as an attachment, even though it wasn’t sent through your ISP’s email gateway.</p><p class="jumpTag"><a href="/article/2843396/how-to-make-the-best-use-of-mail-drop.html#jump">To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here[/url]</p></section></article>

Source: How to make the best use of Mail Drop
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: