Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mid-2014 iMac review: lower price, way lower performance  (Read 325 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: June 24, 2014, 09:00:17 pm »

Mid-2014 iMac review: lower price, way lower performance

<article>
   <section class="page">
<p>
Working in the Macworld Lab as I do, I tend to focus on system performance when recommending (or not recommending) computers for purchase. The truth is, however, that many people buy computers based largely on price.</p><p>
After all, it doesn’t take the horsepower of a high-end Mac to surf the Internet, run office applications, send email, or take care of other everyday computer chores. Some buyers simply don’t want (or need) to invest in the latest PCIe-connnected flash storage, quad-core i7 processors, and discrete GPUs capable of supporting 4K video. Apple has these budget-minded buyers in mind with its latest, lower-priced iMac.</p><p>
Until recently, the standard iMac lineup included two 27-inch models and two 21.5-inch models. With this latest release, a third 21.5-inch iMac joins the team. Priced at just $1099—$200 less than the previous low-end iMac—this new system is externally identical to the the rest of the 21.5-inch iMacs, as well as those released in October of 2012. It has the same 5mm thin-edged design, the same glossy 1920-by-1080 IPS screen, the same four USB 3.0 ports, gigabit ethernet, two Thunderbolt ports, headphone jack and SDXC card slots.</p><p class="jumpTag"><a href="/article/2366940/mid-2014-imac-review-lower-price-way-lower-performance.html#jump">To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here[/url]</p></section></article>

Source: Mid-2014 iMac review: lower price, way lower performance
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: