Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How to troubleshoot a swollen Photos cache folder  (Read 699 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: October 26, 2016, 04:05:14 pm »

How to troubleshoot a swollen Photos cache folder

<article>
   <section class="page">
<p>
Michael McKissack writes in with a great mystery:</p>

<p>
I have a massive Photos library and use iCloud Photo Library stored on an external HD to maintain a local backup of all pictures. However, my wife and I use a large number of shared albums to share our pictures with each other, and these keep eating up space on my MacBook Pro in com.apple.cloudphotosd. My MacBook Pro keeps filling up, rendering Photos completely unusable.</p>

<p>
You’re not alone in experiencing this! And it’s definitely a loose thread in how Apple manages photo storage. The <code>~/Library/Containers/com.apple.cloudphotosd</code> folder is a cache, not part of your Photos library. It’s used both for temporary storage, as images are synced and transferred to your library, and as local storage for shared iCloud images.</p><p class="jumpTag"><a href="/article/3132718/photography/how-to-troubleshoot-a-swollen-photos-cache-folder.html#jump">To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here[/url]</p></section></article>

Source: How to troubleshoot a swollen Photos cache folder
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: