Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Naim Audio Mu-so Qb wireless speaker review: It sounds as beautiful as it looks, it just doesn’t get loud enough  (Read 427 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: June 11, 2016, 04:05:16 pm »

Naim Audio Mu-so Qb wireless speaker review: It sounds as beautiful as it looks, it just doesn’t get loud enough

<article>
   <section class="page">
<p>When I reviewed Naim Audio’s Mu-so, its $1499 price tag didn’t bother me because its performance knocked me out. So when I saw its diminutive cousin—the Mu-so Qb—at CES in January and learned that Naim planned to introduce multi-room support for the Mu-so lineup, I couldn’t wait to hear the smaller speaker. The Mu-so Qb looks just as beautiful as its larger sibling, but it doesn’t quite live up to its $999 price tag.</p><p>There’s certainly nothing wrong with the Mu-so Qb’s build quality, its fidelity, or the Mu-so multi-room features in general (which I will also cover in some detail). My one complaint is with this speaker’s amplifier: It filled my 350-square-foot main bedroom with sound, but could provide only background music in the larger area of my great room and adjoining kitchen (about 700 square feet combined. Both rooms have 10-foot ceilings.) The speaker was so quiet when I first auditioned it that I thought there must be something wrong with it. Poking around in the Naim app’s settings revealed the problem: The app had the speaker configured to produce maximum volume of 51 on a scale of 100.</p><p class="jumpTag"><a href="/article/3081507/speakers/naim-audio-mu-so-qb-wireless-speaker-review-it-sounds-as-beautiful-as-it-looks-it-just-doesn-t-get.html#jump">To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here[/url]</p></section></article>

Source: Naim Audio Mu-so Qb wireless speaker review: It sounds as beautiful as it looks, it just doesn’t get loud enough
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: