Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Why yes, that is an Apple Studio Display on my desk  (Read 368 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: December 16, 2014, 09:00:20 pm »

Why yes, that is an Apple Studio Display on my desk

<article>
   <section class="page">
<p>
Today, of course, we’re used to screens being completely flat, almost paper-thin, with perfectly square edges, and consistent, reliable colors from the second you switch them on. It wasn’t always so.</p><p>
Even up to the year 2000, most desktop computers were attached to a hulking great VDU (Visual Display Unit), a huge box of a thing that was usually deeper than it was wide, and that housed a heavy glass assembly called a Cathode Ray Tube.</p><p>
These CRT displays were not just big and heavy, annexing proportions of your desk that would seem ludicrous now, but they drew an enormous amount of power; I remember reading detailed analyses of how a flat-panel display would pay for itself in a given number of years since it used so much less electricity.</p><p class="jumpTag"><a href="/article/2859898/why-yes-that-is-an-apple-studio-display-on-my-desk.html#jump">To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here[/url]</p></section></article>

Source: Why yes, that is an Apple Studio Display on my desk
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: