Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tools of the trade: Why I prefer Nisus Writer  (Read 369 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: May 23, 2014, 02:00:16 pm »

Tools of the trade: Why I prefer Nisus Writer

<article>
   <section class="page">
<p>
Word processing isn’t the most amazing thing a Mac can do. But back in 1991, it was a word processor called Nisus that convinced me to buy my first Mac, because there was nothing like it for PCs. Nisus was my primary application for years, and now—after more than a decade in which it was all but useless to me—this app (now called Nisus Writer Pro) is back on my A-list. Here’s why I’ve re-adopted it, and why I think more people should consider it.</p><h2>The everything tool</h2>
<p>
You could say I have a bit of history with Nisus Writer. After learning about Nisus in grad school, I became a user, then a fan, and then a trainer. I later got a part-time job working for the developer, Nisus Software, and eventually became the product manager for Nisus Writer. (So, disclaimer: I worked for the company from 1994 to 1997.) And my first real book, published while I was still an employee, was called The Nisus Way. It was written both about and with Nisus Writer.</p><p class="jumpTag"><a href="/article/2157004/tools-of-the-trade-why-i-prefer-nisus-writer.html#jump">To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here[/url]</p></section></article>

Source: Tools of the trade: Why I prefer Nisus Writer
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: