Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tidal needs lots of improvements to justify its lofty price tag  (Read 354 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: April 01, 2015, 09:00:10 am »

Tidal needs lots of improvements to justify its lofty price tag

<article>
   <section class="page">
<p>I signed up for a trial subscription to Tidal last week, and decided to stay with the service after a few days of streaming to my desktop speakers and to my Sonos system (Spotify on Sonos sucks). I don’t consider myself an audiophile—I don’t even own a turntable—but I am passionate about audio quality, and Tidal streams in the same format that I use to rip the CDs that I purchase.</p><p>Yeah, I still buy CDs. But I can buy fewer than two per month for the price of a Tidal subscription that lets me discover as much new music as I have time to listen to.</p><p>I respect what Jay-Z is trying to accomplish with Tidal, even if I’ve never listened to his music. In fact, Jack White was the only artist on the stage yesterday whose music I do own. Watching yesterday’s glitz and glamour, it’s easy to be cynical and ask “why do these megastars need more money?” The fact is, the recording industry was built on the backs of artists who never achieved the fame and fortune that was on display at yesterday’s press conference.</p><p class="jumpTag"><a href="/article/2904394/tidal-needs-lots-of-improvements-to-justify-its-lofty-price-tag.html#jump">To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here[/url]</p></section></article>

Source: Tidal needs lots of improvements to justify its lofty price tag
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: