Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Yes, eGPUs boost Mac game performance, but limitations abound  (Read 435 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: April 24, 2018, 04:05:13 pm »

Yes, eGPUs boost Mac game performance, but limitations abound

<article>
   <section class="page">
<p>Folks with more coding knowledge than I have (and a greater willingness to potentially brick a $2,400 machine) have been hooking up external graphics cards to Macs for years, but the support now come bundled into macOS 10.13.4 High Sierra. In layman’s terms, Apple officially supports some graphics cards that you’d normally only find in a bulky PC tower—so long as you have a separate external chassis to stick them in and a Mac with Thunderbolt 3.</p><p>I hoped eGPU support would be revolutionary. Beyond that, I hoped it’d allow me to break with PCs entirely, as I really only use them for gaming these days. Anyone who watches Apple Arcade knows I’ve been a little frustrated with the current state of Mac gaming, and an external graphics card struck me as an easy way to circumvent the limitations of Apple’s built-in processors.</p><p class="jumpTag"><a href="/article/3268912/gaming/external-graphics-card-mac-performance.html#jump">To read this article in full, please click here[/url]</p></section></article>

Source: Yes, eGPUs boost Mac game performance, but limitations abound
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: