Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Google Jacquard’s denim Levi’s jacket proves smart clothing isn’t a dumb idea  (Read 369 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: March 17, 2017, 04:05:13 pm »

Google Jacquard’s denim Levi’s jacket proves smart clothing isn’t a dumb idea

<article>
   <section class="page">
<p>
When Google announced plans to make smart clothing back in 2015 with Project Jacquard, I was intrigued but skeptical. I’ve worn sensor-filled clothes before, and they end up being more gimmicky than practical. But after trying on the first Jacquard product, a denim Levi’s jacket, I’m a believer.</p><p>
My biggest issue with wearable technology is that devices tend to be focused more on technology than wearability. But the Jacquard jacket is a piece of tech you’ll actually want to wear. I own and wear a Levi’s jacket on the regular, and the Jacquard version—a dark wash commuter style—is just as easy to throw on as you’re walking out the door. It’s as stylish and classic as any Levi’s item, which is Americana at its finest. In other words: It doesn’t scream, “Ask me about my technology!” like a smartwatch does.</p><p class="jumpTag"><a href="/article/3180504/consumer-electronics/google-jacquards-denim-levis-jacket-proves-smart-clothing-isnt-a-dumb-idea.html#jump">To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here[/url]</p></section></article>

Source: Google Jacquard’s denim Levi’s jacket proves smart clothing isn’t a dumb idea
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: