Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Review: Replace your iPhone's Contacts app with Buzz Contacts  (Read 345 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: May 03, 2013, 03:01:08 pm »

Review: Replace your iPhone's Contacts app with Buzz Contacts

It’s easy—and cheap—to stick with the native apps that Apple installs on its iOS devices. But sometimes third-party apps are heads-and-shoulders above what’s already on offer. Buzz Contacts, a $1 offering from Savvy Apps, is in that category: Simply put, it blows Apple’s native Contacts app away.

When I first reviewed Buzz Contacts last year, I loved it, particularly praising the ways it makes emailing groups on the iPhone easier. But I also suggested that “for people who use their phone mainly as a phone—that is, to make voice calls—there’s not much here the iPhone doesn’t already offer.” That’s no longer true, as the app has updated its dialing function in clever ways, and now reads your habits to put your most-frequent contacts right at your fingertips.

Better contacts organization

Buzz Contacts offers large square buttons for each of your contacts within a group.

In the native Contacts app, there are two groups of people: Your favorites, and, well, everybody else. Buzz Contacts lets you organize your contacts (for phone, email, FaceTime, and SMS) into as many different kinds of groups as you wish—friends, family members, clients at specific companies, or any other preference you have. This makes it really easy send out bulk emails or SMS messages directly to an entire group, without taking time to add each name and number individually to the message.
To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here

http://www.macworld.com/article/2035705/review-replace-your-iphones-contacts-app-with-buzz-contacts.html#tk.rss_all

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: