Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mac Gems: Transloader downloads iOS-encountered files to your Mac  (Read 411 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: April 04, 2013, 03:01:03 pm »

Mac Gems: Transloader downloads iOS-encountered files to your Mac

These days, I do quite a bit of Web browsing and link visiting on my iOS devices: I read RSS feeds using Reeder on my iPad and iPhone or Mr. Reader on my iPad; and I use iOS apps to browse Twitter and App.net. In many ways, I like these iOS apps better than their Mac equivalents, and because I usually have at least one iOS device with me, I find that I can catch up on news and other info when I’m say, waiting in line at the Post Office.

But when I come across a file—perhaps a new Mac app or a free music archive—I want to download, I’m stuck, because iOS doesn’t provide an easy way to download files. And oftentimes I want to use the file on my Mac anyway, so even if I could download it on my iPhone or iPad, I would then have to figure out how to transfer it over to my Mac.

Until recently, my workflow in such situations would be to copy the download URL on my iOS device, open a new message in Mail, and then email the URL to myself; when I got back to my Mac, I’d open the email message and click the download link. It worked, but it was a hassle.

Which is why I’ve found the $5 Transloader (Mac App Store link) to be so useful. This app works with a free iOS app to let you download, on your Mac, files that you come across on your iPhone or iPad. Transloader is similar to the NoteTote app I reviewed last year, but whereas NoteTote requires you to edit a text file on your iOS device whenever you want to download a file to your Mac, Transloader offers a simple, easy-to-use app.
To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here

http://www.macworld.com/article/2032960/mac-gems-transloader-downloads-ios-encountered-files-to-your-mac.html#tk.rss_all

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: