Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How to make your YouTube videos 2:1 cinematic with Final Cut Pro X  (Read 335 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: March 06, 2019, 04:05:18 pm »

How to make your YouTube videos 2:1 cinematic with Final Cut Pro X

2:1 aspect ratio video just looks more cinematic. That's why everyone from tech YouTube to Netflix is jumping on board. And you can too!

This is all Jonathan Morrison's fault. I'm sure you know who he is, but on the off-chance you don't, he makes some of the best-looking, and just plain best videos, on YouTube. Anyway, he switched to 2:1 video early. And, if memory serves, he helped get Marques Brownlee — MKBHD — to do the same. Watching how their stuff looked on iPhone X, XS, and XR, and other modern flagship phone displays, going edge-to-edge right along with the displays rather than stopping pillar-box short or getting clipped top and bottom — it just looked like the future. I made the switch around New Year I and here's how I did it.

Watch the video version. Seriously. It's much easier to follow than reading along!

2:1 All the Things

Film things first. 2:1 has a rich history but is also seeing a resurgence thanks to everything from YouTube to Netflix.&nbsp...

Source: How to make your YouTube videos 2:1 cinematic with Final Cut Pro X
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: